Monday, August 4, 2008

Episode 9

OK, to start with, the last 3 weeks have just been outstanding, with outstanding games. Tonight's games were both excellent and fun to watch; the bomb game was the best yet. If the entire season measured up to the last 3 weeks, I think the viewership would be up markedly.

What haven't I liked? The bickering and antagonism between the players. We can get ugly bickering on shows on all channels. I turn them all off. I truly think "The Mole" has so much more to offer than that. I'm really sorry that it was made such an integral part of this season. I have noted before that one of the most frequent positive statements I have heard from more people since "The Mole II" was that it was a family show; there wasn't any ugliness or excessive bickering and the players seemed to like each other. (Truth) I realize that almost every show on television seems to have to have the standard ugliness between the contestants; shoot, folks, we have a political campaign to watch if we want that kind of interplay. The Mole has far more to offer than that.

I like Jon OK; far better than Ahmad. But, he still needs an edge. Maybe if we come back again for another season he will develop one.

Tonight in the Defuse the Bomb game, those of you who like Nicole as the Mole should have been happy. She made the standard number of mistakes, almost costing them the money. Both Craig and Mark were the heroes in the game, though Craig seemed to pick up on what needed to be done the quickest. In the end both Craig and Nicole realized that the purple wire needed to be cut...and the game was won. Who was most suspicious? Nicole. Mark stalled quite a bit, but in the end it made no difference.

Once they won that $50,000, I told my wife that the Mole would not then allow money to be added to the pot in the last game. Period. We all saw the obvious mistakes being made. Again, Craig did an excellent job on his clues. Nicole was clueless...either by design (as the Mole) or to attract suspicion. Or, just because she is Nicole? On the other hand, as the Mole she should have been hustling to get to the finish line first. She was not interested. Lots of mis-steps by both Craig and Mark, but Mark got to the bridge first. And selected the dossier. If he is not the Mole...perhaps that was a good step. If he is the Mole...it was even better.

A good season, overall. We all deserve another! I still think Mark is the Mole. He has done so many little things that I did that I just can't get past them. Again, Nicole or Craig could be the Mole and I would not be disappointed. Boy, if Mark is the Mole, who wins? I think Craig, just because he never lost his journal and had more information at hand than Nicole. If Craig is the Mole, I think Mark is the winner. If Nicole is the Mole, Mark still wins.

Bill
The Mole II

9 Comments:

At August 5, 2008 at 3:18 AM , Blogger Stephen said...

I'm still going with Nicole as the mole. But I think this is the first season where if it's any one of the 3 I wouldn't be surprised. Season 1 I was sure it wasn't Jim. Your season I was positive it wasn't Heather. Celebrity Hawaii, I knew it wasn't Frederique (woops) and Celebrity Yucatan I had advance knowledge since I didn't get to see it until this year, so I can't count that one either way.

I agree with you that if he's not the mole, Mark will win...and one way or another it is a good strategy to read the dossier. Like you said, with them winning $50,000 in the spy game, the mole isn't going to let money go to the pot that time, so he did his job. But if he's not the mole, that's one more suspicious thing he's done that could misdirect the other player, in addition to getting whatever information was in the dossier, provided it was any help. I wonder if they will reveal what was inside next week.

By the way, Heather made a Save The Mole video...along with another announcement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp1y1Upo3pU

 
At August 5, 2008 at 7:50 AM , Blogger Brian Boyko said...

It -seemed- like the "Mole's Dossier" simply had information on all three players. Maybe some of it was on the quiz, but I'm betting that Mark might be wishing that he put the money in the pot. I highly think he's going to be the winner.

 
At August 5, 2008 at 7:51 AM , Blogger heyitsfree said...

I've been banking on Craig being the Mole ever since he "found" the clothes at the dry cleaner back in Santiago. Talk about coincidence and a good-will measure amongst the players to boot. I really just want Mark to win, though...I can't wait for next week!

Kudos on keeping a blog up this season, I just wish I had found it earlier. Also, I can't wait to read your book!

 
At August 5, 2008 at 10:00 AM , Blogger Andrew said...

I'm still trying to figure out what the extra sound was as the show entered the first commercial break (~9 minutes in).

 
At August 5, 2008 at 10:28 AM , Blogger Brian Boyko said...

Andrew, it's a reversed and sped-up clip of Jon Kelley saying "Craig buried Paul," which is a little wink-and-nod to the kind of people who go through episodes of the mole frame-by-frame looking for clues, just like people used to reverse Beatles records to look for clues to the conspiracy that Paul McCartney was dead and had been replaced by a body double, which started when people swore they heard John Lennon say "I buried Paul" in "Strawberry Fields Forever" even though Lennon claims he was saying "Cranberry Sauce."

 
At August 5, 2008 at 11:15 AM , Blogger Brian Boyko said...

Darwin's video is up. It's HILARIOUS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuZPirE0-SA

 
At August 6, 2008 at 8:55 AM , Blogger Wil Brendel said...

Bill, I think I read somewhere that the dossier that you passed on in Season 2 was blank, is that true?

I dunno, Mark is still my number one, but Craig went way up on my radar and Nicole took a heck of a dive this week.

 
At August 6, 2008 at 10:06 AM , Blogger Bill said...

I never got to see the dossier, but was told by one of the producers that it was blank. I'll take their word. (On the other hand, this is "The Mole." I would not have been surprised to have found Elavia's dossier in there!)

Bill
The Mole II

 
At August 9, 2008 at 12:46 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

NICOLE IS THE MOLE.

Remember last ep, At one point, Nicole says "when life gets ridiculous, just do a dance."

Visit http://www.galinsky.com/buildings/mujer/index.htm

see:
Santiago Calatrava's Puente De La Mujer (Bridge Of The Woman)

Calatrava is said to have requested examples of Argentina's typical music upon receiving this commission. As a result, the bridge is abstractly meant to illustrate a couple dancing Tango, the man towering over the woman who is leaning back horizontally. This, along with the fact that the surrounding neighborhood has streets primarily named after women accounts for the name of the bridge.

The Mole's dossier, is on the dancing woman's bridge!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home